For more information on how to join the Lancaster Chapter, contact our Dean - Douglas Wimer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on American Guild of Organist national membership, visit http://www.agohq.org/.
Sampling of member events from past program years:
- Sept. 18, 2010: Tour of Union Meeting House and Columbia Organ Works.
- Oct. 11, 2010: Chapter Recital at St. John's Lutheran, Columbia; featuring works of American Contemporary Composers
- Nov. 13, 2010: Kay Hooper presents on Alexander Technique at Highland Presbyterian Church
- Jan. 15, 2011: January Jumpstart at Bryn Mawr Presbyterian
- Feb. 28, 2011: Bill Ryder hosts a MIDI workshop at St. Leo the Great; sponsored by Buch Organ Company.
- March 26, 2011: Lancaster AGO Hymn Festival at St. Peter's Lutheran involving seven area church choirs and five local organists; Emery DeWitt, conductor.
- May 16, 2011: Chapter Business Meeting and Meal for 2010-11. David Gross presents on Accessible Toccatas and Fanfares at Westminster Presbyterian Church.
- June 16, 2011: Lancaster Summer Arts Organ Recital at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, featuring chapter members and scholarship recipients.
- Mon., September 26, 2011: Basic Arranging and Composing for Choirs, presented by Raymond Weidner, at Lititz Church of the Brethren; 7 p.m.
- Sat., October 15, 2011: Adapting Piano Accompaniments to the Organ presented by Gary Garletts; continental breakfast at 9:00 a.m. with morning workshop from 9:30-11:30.
- Sat., November 5, 2011: Workshop on Organ Pedagogy with Ken Cowan.
- Sat., January 14, 2011: January Jumpstart at Bryn Mawr Presbyterian. The Chapter will reimburse carpooling for its members.
- Mon., February 13, 2011: Membersí Recital at Lancaster Church of the Brethren. Musical theme to focus on Lent and Easter music.
- Sat., March 24, 2011: Organ crawl by SDG Organ Company and hosted by Harold Ulmer.
- Mon., May 7, 2011: Members' Recital and Annual Meeting at Church of the Apostles, keyboard duets (any combination of 4 hands, piano and/or organ).
- Thurs., June 14, 2012: Lancaster Summer Arts Recital at First United Methodist Church, Lancaster.
Tuesday, September 25, 2012: An evening of Boellmann and Liszt Model American Organ demo. Grace Lutheran Church.
Saturday, October 13, 2012: Hear and tour the Wanamaker Grand Court Organ.
Saturday, November 3, 2012: A masterclass with Rebecca Kleintop Owens. Lancaster Moravian Church.
Sunday, November 4, 2012: Lancaster Organ Showcase Concert by Rebecca Kleintop Owens. Lancaster Moravian Church.
Saturday, January 19, 2013: January Jumpstart hosted by Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church.
Monday, February 25, 2013: Members present repertoire ideas for weddings, funerals and Sundays. Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Ephrata.
March 17, 2013: Lancaster Organ Showcase Concert by Mark Laubach. Grace Lutheran Church.
Saturday, April 13, 2013: Hymn Festival, featuring a massed choir and conductor Emery DeWitt. St. Peterís Lutheran Church, Lancaster.
Monday, May 13, 2013: Annual Chapter Dinner and recital featuring our Chapterís scholarship recipients. Lancaster Church of the Brethren, Lancaster.
Thursday, June 13, 2013: Lancaster Summer Arts Organ Recital Ė marking 50 years of Summer Arts. Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Lancaster.